Ordering the Data
Release 14 of the HILDA data (which includes Waves 1 to 14) is now available. The release DVD includes Stata, SAS and SPSS datasets with extensive documentation.
For individuals whose organisation has an Organisational Licence, please contact your Data Manager to obtain the latest Deed of Confidentiality.
For all other users, please see Completing an Order section below.
|Organisational Licence:||List of organisations and data managers.
Users affiliated with these organisations need to contact their Organisational Data Manager to obtain and sign a Deed of Confidentiality.
|Individual Licence:||Users from all other organisations will need to sign an Individual Deed of Licence.|
- Honours students will only be granted access under an Organisational Licence. Both the student and their supervisor must apply for access to the dataset independently and must be from the same institution. Supervisors must have independent access to the same or higher level dataset for which the student is applying.
- Research assistants may only be granted access if a senior research officer from the same project has access.
Completing an Order
- Read the Fact Sheets
|Glossary for Fact Sheets|
- Complete the appropriate deed (see below for options). Please complete all parts of the Deeds that are highlighted in blue / yellow.
All users must complete a deed, including:
- Individuals - Australian and Overseas
- Individuals within an Organisation - Australian and Overseas - contact your Data Manager
- University of Melbourne staff
- Melbourne Institute staff
- Send the forms for approval:
- to your Data Manager if you are applying under an Organisational Licence.
- to Department of Social Services (DSS) if you are applying under an Individual Licence or for the CNEF data.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be sent an approval notification email from DSS.
Note: Subsequent to this approval notification, an email link for payment will be sent to you by the HILDA Administrative Assistant.
Upon payment through the secure payment system, your dataset will be posted via Express Post (or Express Courier International for overseas users).
Passwords and relevant information for accessing the DVD will be emailed to you.
The quickest and easiest way to send your completed deed is by emailing a scanned copy to the Department of Social Services or faxing it to 02 6206 9545 (or +61 2 6206 9545 for overseas applications).
Cost per Release
|Organisational Licence||$330 if in Australia (includes GST)
$330 if overseas (GST exempt)
|Individual Licence||$77 if in Australia (includes GST)
$121 if overseas (GST exempt)