Ordering the Data - Release 15
To order the Release 15 General Release data using an Individual Licence, please click on the type of user that best describes you:
There is one Deed of Licence for Australian users - Australian Researchers.
Users in Australia:
- Academics at an Australian University, Institute of Technology or TAFE.
- Researchers or research assistants, attached to an Australian University, Institute of Technology or TAFE. Note: In the case of research assistants DSS reserves the right to require a senior research officer working on the same research project to also have access to the same or higher level dataset. This is required in the case of students working as a research assistant. If DSS has any questions about your position, they will contact you directly.
- Honours*, Masters and PhD students at an Australian University, Institute of Technology or TAFE. Note: Both the student and their supervisor must apply for access to the dataset independently and must be from the same institution. Supervisors must have independent access to the same or higher level dataset for which the student is applying.
- Employees of an Australian Commonwealth agency (including DSS).
- Employees of an Australian State/Territory agency.
- Researchers from community based organisations.
- Researchers within statutory bodies whose primary business is research.
- Individuals within other statutory bodies. Note that this category of applications will be granted access on a case-by-case basis.
* Australian Honours students will only be given access to the data under Organisational Licensing arrangements.
Other Australian users whose prime business is research may be given access to the datasets if it is to be used for non-profit purposes. Applications for the datasets will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Australian users will need to complete the following document:
Overseas users may also apply for only the General Release datasets if they fit into one of the following categories:
- Academics at an overseas university.
- PhD students at an overseas university*. Note that both the student and the supervisor must apply for access to the same dataset independently and both must be located at the same university.
- Researchers at overseas government agencies who intend to use the data for research purposes.
- Overseas researchers who work at a private institution whose primary business is research and who intend to use the data for research purposes.
* Applications from overseas Honours and Masters Students may also be considered for access to the data but only under Organisational Licensing arrangements.
Other overseas users whose prime business is research may be given access to the datasets if it is to be used for non-profit purposes. Applications for the datasets will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Overseas users will need to complete the following document:
For any questions relating to Individual and/or Organisational Licences, please refer to the Fact Sheets
Once your application has been approved, you will be sent an approval notification email from DSS.
Note: Subsequent to this approval notification, an email link for payment will be sent to you by the HILDA Administrative Assistant.
Upon payment through the secure payment system, your dataset will be posted via Express Post (or Express Courier International for overseas users).
Passwords and relevant information for accessing the DVD will be emailed to you.
Cost per Release
|Individual Licence||$77 if in Australia (includes GST)
$121 if overseas (GST exempt)